Android 4.0.3 is an incremental release of the Android 4.x (Ice Cream Sandwich) platform family. This release includes new features for users and developers, API changes, and various bug fixes.
For developers, the Android 4.0.3 platform is available as a downloadable component for the Android SDK. The development platform includes a fully compliant Android library and system image as well as a set of emulator skins, sample applications, and more. The downloadable platform includes no external libraries.
Recently, HTC unveiled smartphones based on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Hardware specifications and advanced, next-gen optics aside, these devices come with Sense 4.0 – the latest version of HTC’s custom skin – which looks absolutely stunning and a vast improvement over Sense 3.5.
This tutorial is designed for those guys who wish to install Android Ice Cream Sandwich with HTC Sense 4.0 on Nexus S devices. It is currently in “pre-alpha” stage od development since most parts of the ROM do not work.
Key Features of Android Ice Cream Sandwich
- Refined, Evolved UI : Focused on bringing the power of Android to the surface, Android 4.0 makes common actions more visible and lets users navigate with simple, intuitive gestures. Refined animations and feedback throughout the system make interactions engaging and interesting. An entirely new typeface optimized for high-resolution screens improves readability and brings a polished, modern feel to the user interface.
- Home screen folders and favorites tray : New home screen folders offer a new way for users to group their apps and shortcuts logically, just by dragging one onto another. Also, in All Apps launcher, users can now simply drag an app to get information about it or immediately uninstall it, or disable a pre-installed app.
- Resizable widgets : Home screens in Android 4.0 are designed to be content-rich and customizable. Users can do much more than add shortcuts — they can embed live application content directly through interactive widgets. Widgets let users check email, flip through a calendar, play music, check social streams, and more — right from the home screen, without having to launch apps. Widgets are resizable, so users can expand them to show more content or shrink them to save space.
- New lock screen actions : The lock screens now let users do more without unlocking. From the slide lock screen, users can jump directly to the camera for a picture or pull down the notifications window to check for messages. When listening to music, users can even manage music tracks and see album art.
- Quick responses for incoming calls : When an incoming call arrives, users can now quickly respond by text message, without needing to pick up the call or unlock the device. On the incoming call screen, users simply slide a control to see a list of text responses and then tap to send and end the call. Users can add their own responses and manage the list from the Settings app.
- Powerful voice input engine : Android 4.0 introduces a powerful new voice input engine that offers a continuous "open microphone" experience and streaming voice recognition. The new voice input engine lets users dictate the text they want, for as long as they want, using the language they want. Users can speak continously for a prolonged time, even pausing for intervals if needed, and dictate punctuation to create correct sentences. As the voice input engine enters text, it underlines possible dictation errors in gray. After dictating, users can tap the underlined words to quickly replace them from a list of suggestions.
- Rich and versatile camera capabilities : The Camera app includes many new features that let users capture special moments with great photos and videos. After capturing images, they can edit and share them easily with friemds.
- Powerful web browsing : The Android Browser offers an experience that’s as rich and convenient as a desktop browser. It lets users instantly sync and manage Google Chrome bookmarks from all of their accounts, jump to their favorite content faster, and even save it for reading later in case there's no network available.
You can also check out other key features of Android Ice Cream Sandwich on their Official Website.
Step Wise Installation of Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream on Nexus S
Step 1 : Before beginning the installation, First download the flashable .zip file from Minus Link and then place the downloaded zip file directly under /sdcard directory on your Nexus S.
Step 2 : Next, Turn off your Nexus S device.
Step 3 : Next, Press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons until you get into ClockworkMod Recovery.
Step 4 : Next, Take a nandroid backup.
Step 5 : Next, From the main menu, do a (wipe data/) factory reset, wipe cache partition and from advanced menu, wipe Dalvik cache.
Step 6 : Next, Once again, go back to main menu. Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and then select the .zip file you transferred to your Nexus S as in Step 1.
Step 7 : Finally, After flashing is complete, choose reboot system now.
That's All and your Nexus S will now boot into Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich with Sense 4.0 (taken from HTC One X) on top and now enjoy it on your Nexus S device.
External Links For References
That's All and now share this post socially on Facebook and Twitter.!!!!