LibreOffice is the power-packed free, libre and open source personal productivity suite for Windows, Macintosh and GNU/Linux, that gives you six feature-rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs: Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math and Base. Support and documentation is free from our large, dedicated community of users, contributors and developers. You, too, can get involved!
In the first week of January 2012, Libreoffice launched its updated version 3.4.5. The updated version of Libreoffice fixed number of bugs and also improves the stability in Linux systems, including Ubuntu systems. You can find out the list of fixed bugs and the features of updated version on their Official Website (Link is given below).
This tutorial is designed for those guys who want to upgrade their Libreoffice to newer version which is Libreoffice 3.4.5 version on their Ubuntu systems. Some of the popular features of Libreoffice are given below in this tutorial.
Features of Libreoffice
- It's free – no worry about license costs or annual fees.
- No language barriers – it's available in a large number of languages, with more being added continually.
- LGPL public license – you can use it, customize it, hack it and copy it with free user support and developer support from our active worldwide community and our large and experienced developer team.
- LibreOffice is a free software community-driven project: development is open to new talent and new ideas, and our software is tested and used daily by a large and devoted user community; you, too, can get involved and influence its future development.
- LibreOffice is user-friendly.
You can also check out other features & details about Libreoffice on their Official Website.
Step Wise Upgrading to LibreOffice 3.4.5 on Ubuntu
Step 1 : Before beginning the upgrading, Open the terminal by pressing CTL + ALT + T from you keyboard. When the terminal opens, run the following command in the terminal to add Libreoffice’s PPA on your Ubuntu system.
$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
Step 2 : Now, run the following command in the terminal to update your Ubuntu system.
$ sudo apt-get update
Step 3 : Finally, run the following command in the terminal to upgrade to the latest version of Libreoffice which is 3.4.5 version on your Ubuntu system.
$ sudo apt-get upgrade
That's All and now enjoy the Libreoffice 3.4.5 on your Ubuntu system.
External Links For References
That's All and now share this post socially on Facebook and Twitter.!!!!